[Ironpython-users] GUI Toolkits

Haymo Kutschbach h.kutschbach at ilnumerics.net
Thu Nov 20 00:47:01 CET 2014

Andy, for my understanding one of the biggest advantage of having IronPython
is to actually be able to use things like winforms? As for all systems it
will require some learning to begin with, of course. But in fact very little
is required in order to get so much more than any of the systems mentioned
in your link is able to provide.

If you need a very newbee example: I recently had some fun experimenting
with IronPython to create interactive scientific 3d plots in less than 10
lines:

http://ilnumerics.net/blog/plotting-fun-with-ilnumerics-and-ironpython/

Having winforms and the whole .NET framework in the back, I can hardly
imagine to recommend Tcl/TK any time soon... ;)

Best, Haymo