[Ironpython-users] ironpython3

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:25:26 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Pawel Jasinski
> <pawel.jasinski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is my work in progress:
>> https://github.com/paweljasinski/ironpython3/compare/parser3
>> Comments are welcome.
>
> My initial thought is that it's way too big to be one commit. :) it's
> too much to digest or review all at once.

agree, it was a first point where ipy stopped complaining on startup :-)
I am sure git offers a reasonable help, so I can split things into
digestible (testable) pieces.
The fact that it doesn't complain doesn't mean it works.

> I also made some of the changes (but not complete) for function
> annotations in https://github.com/jdhardy/ironpython/tree/function-annotations
> and keyword-only args in
> https://github.com/jdhardy/ironpython/tree/kw-only-args, as well.

I looked at Alex's import test, but entirely missed the real one.

> They're on the old repo but the patches should still apply. It looks
> like you just made the parser changes; making the info available is
> harder (and kw-only even harder because the callsites have to change).
>
> I need to figure out how to export commits from one repo and apply
> them to another while preserving Authorship. I'm pretty sure it's
> possible, I just don't know the exact command.
>
> Also, because issues are on GH, you can add things like "Fixes #45" to
> the commit message and GH will take care of the issue (the full list
> is at https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages).

--pawel