[Ironpython-users] CodePlex Issues (Was: IronPython 3 Update)

Keith Rome rome at Wintellect.com
Fri Mar 21 17:14:16 CET 2014

IMO it is fine to lose them. I think codeplex automatically notifies you if an issue you opened has been closed (even if it is years later), so perhaps just going through and closing all of the < 2 vote or old issues with a notice that says "open a new issue on github if this is still relevant" would be enough to catch the things that fall through the cracks.

Keith Rome
Principal Architect @ Wintellect (www.wintellect.com<http://www.wintellect.com>)
770.617.4016 | krome at wintellect.com<mailto:rome at wintellect.com>

[cid:2DEFD770-1220-4AAA-A244-9FE29A4C2B2F]
Register today<https://www.wintellectnow.com/Account/Promo/ROME-13> for access to our high-quality on-demand training resources!

From: Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com<mailto:jdhardy at gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, March 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM
To: Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com<mailto:slide.o.mix at gmail.com>>
Cc: "ironpython-users at python.org<mailto:ironpython-users at python.org>" <ironpython-users at python.org<mailto:ironpython-users at python.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ironpython-users] CodePlex Issues (Was: IronPython 3 Update)

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com<mailto:slide.o.mix at gmail.com>> wrote:
I think if you do > 1 vote, you'll miss a lot of issues that are valid, but
it would provide for a cleaner slate to begin with on GitHub. There are a
LOT of issues on CodePlex that are leftover from the MS days (internal bug
tracker migration) that would be really nice to get rid of since we don't
have the infrastructure to replicate them. I'm up for anything, just need to
update my tool to add date and vote filtering if we decide to go that route.

Yeah, we're going to lose some good, actionable issues, but I think
it's acceptable. The 1000+ issues currently open are just too many to
do anything useful with. I'm curious to see how many issues we would
be talking about with the given criteria - around 250 would be good,
but that's just a gut feeling.

- Jeff