[Ironpython-users] Compiling IronPython for .NET 2.0

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:05:01 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Markus Schaber
<m.schaber at 3s-software.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> [Compiling IPy 2.7 for a pure .NET 2.0]
>
> I did try to patch some of the problems
>
> git at github.com:markusschaber/IronLanguages.git (2.7-maint branch)
>
> Now I have about 270 problems mostly relating to extension methods,
> maybe I will find enough time to fix some of them this evening.

Are you building with the 3.5 (or 4.0) compiler? That should still
handle extension methods, even when targeting 2.0. At least that's how
IP 2.6 worked.

Removing all of the extension methods is too large a change to consider.

> Is it even worth the effort, given that our own use case seems to vanish
> soon?

That's really up to you. If the changes are minimal, then I think it'll be fine.

I don't know what to do about IStrongBox though. That's a question for Dino.

- Jeff