[IronPython] IronPython and XML Parsing

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:58:13 CEST 2011

I was thinking of an actual .deb file, which will put everything in
the right place, hook up menus and whatnot, like the Windows installer
does. I thought I'd try that after I finally manage to create a .NET
2.0 build which works. [I re-built my Ubuntu box last weekend so that
I can start over. My earlier efforts resulted in killing my old Ubuntu
installation, and the openSUSE I replaced it with was an interesting
experiment, but not something I can use on a day-by-day basis.]  I
want the next guy to have less trouble than me.
  I was thinking of using fepy to perhaps collect lots of optional
modules -- like the db-api modules which are already there -- in one
place so they are easy to find and load.  PyPi has lots of modules,
but how many of them will run on IronPython? The only one I am sure
about is the one I support myself.  I think a modest core of extra
(non-standard-library) modules would be nice. I definitely do want to
have the packaging tools working, too, but I would like to not have to
go hunting and experimenting.
  My first thought was to package everything EXCEPT the Python
installer, just use the distro installer (on Linux) or the .msi
installer, and then add the extras from fepy.  But I started to change
my mind at the announcement that there would not be a .NET 2.0 release
of IPy 2.7.
  Perhaps not having a 2.7 which runs on my distro is making me a bit crazy?
--
Vernon