[IronPython] Compiling so that IronPython libraries are recognized?

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:43:58 CEST 2010

There IS a working dbapi 2.0 implementation for Iron Python. see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi

It uses Microsoft ADO, so should be able to connect with PostgreSQL or
almost any other tabular data source. I have not yet tested it with
Postgres. That's the next thing on my to-do list. (I have a server running
on my handy Ubuntu box, but can't seem to get it to connect. Why is there
never enough time?)  It is known to work with MicroSoft SQL, ACCESS, MySQL,
and IBM AS400 sql.

I also have not yet written a distutils setup for it for IronPython -- you
will have to unzip and copy to do the install the hard way. (Another to-do
list item.)

You will either need to find an ADO provider for Postgres, or use an ODBC
driver and a different connection string. (I use an ODBC connection for the
MySQL sample in the \test folder.) Let me know how it works for you.
--
Vernon Cole