[IronPython] Adding new infix operators to IronPython

Tristan Zajonc tristanz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:24:27 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm interested in experimenting with adding new infix operators to
IronPython to support objectwise and elementwise operators. PEP 225
(http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0225/) describes the potential use cases
for such operators. Matlab style matrix operations are the chief example.
 Clearly new operators won't be added to Python any time soon, but I am
interested in exploring the issue nonetheless.

Before diving in, I am wondering if there are any helpful pointers more
experienced IronPython developers can offer about adding new syntax to
IronPython.  Is there an overall strategy I should obviously be following?

Tristan