[IronPython] Issue Triage

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:34:21 CET 2010

First off: thanks, again, for doing this. I haven't had a chance to
look at these, but I'll try ASAP.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Richard Nienaber <rjnienaber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, if this is covered somewhere in the documentation but how do I run
> the tests in the '\Src\IronPython_Main\Languages\IronPython\Tests'
> directory? Tests like 'Cannot set nullable long properties to Python long
> constants' reference 'test_methodbinder1.py' but when I try and execute them
> I get the following error:
>
> \Src\IronPython_Main\Languages\IronPython\Tests>ipy test_methodbinder1.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test_methodbinder1.py", line 20, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named iptest.assert_util

You need to use the TestRunner, whihc sets up a bunch of stuff for the
tests. See http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Respository%20Instructions
("Running Tests", at the bottom) for details. To run a specific test,
you'll need to open IronPython.tests and find the name of the test
that file belongs to (it *should* just be test_methodbinder1, but
check to be sure).

If you have the test-ipy.cmd script (I can't remember if I added to
the tree or not), just run:
    test-ipy /test:test_methodbinder1

otherwise:
    TestRunner\TestRunner\bin\Debug\TestRunner.exe IronPython.tests
/test:test_methodbinder1

Hope that helps.

- Jeff