[IronPython] Issue Triage

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:14:51 CET 2010

The issues below look like they can be set to fixed.

   - ref parameter doesn't work with protected
methods<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/19649>

   - Skype4COM and
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost+Invalid<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/14150>
   ActiveXStateException <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/14150>
   - Reproducible in C# so I don't think this is an IronPython problem

   - pyc fails if a file contains a call to
unicode<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26593>

   - Calling compile on a bad encoding string doesnt throw
error<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/15508>
      - This problem in the original an issue seems to be solved but the
      problem highlighted in the comment still seems to be occurring.
I'm assuming
      this means the issue should stay open?
   - logging module still crashing even with Python Issue5287
logging2.patch<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23527>

   - Stress: Modules use too much
memory<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23997>
      - It's a bit difficult to say whether this issue should be closed or
      not without seeing the original test script. I've added my own
that tries to
      reproduce the error. However, it doesn't look like modules are
taking up as
      much memory as stated in the issue.

   - Cannot set nullable long properties to Python long
constants<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24021>

Sorry, if this is covered somewhere in the documentation but how do I run
the tests in the '\Src\IronPython_Main\Languages\IronPython\Tests'
directory? Tests like 'Cannot set nullable long properties to Python long
constants' reference 'test_methodbinder1.py' but when I try and execute them
I get the following error:

\Src\IronPython_Main\Languages\IronPython\Tests>ipy test_methodbinder1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_methodbinder1.py", line 20, in <module>
ImportError: No module named iptest.assert_util

Richard