[IronPython] Curious about the development cycle and community involvement

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 14 19:46:13 CEST 2009

> That said, if relative imports are borked, you don't really meet the
> "2.6 compatibility" bullet on the roadmap ;)

This is a bug w/ relating to PEP 366 (Main module explicit relative
imports).  I've added a simple repro to the bug and will look at fixing
it for RC2.

That being said json isn't going to work w/ IronPython 2.6  The reason
is that the json module relies upon CPython's sre_* modules instead of
relying upon just the normal re module.  We'll presumably need to
re-implement all of json in order to make this work as we have no plans
to implement sre as it's been deprecated in favor of re which we already
implement.