[IronPython] Career in IronPython

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Aug 16 16:04:42 CEST 2009

Pratik Joshi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie in IronPython. I've got an interest to learn and work in
> IronPython.
>
> Can anyone suggest me about the scope in IronPython and developing
> career in it?
>
> I'm a software engineer and have 3 years of professional experience in
> .NET. So how would it be for me to put my shoes in IronPython?

Jobs in Python are growing steadily. IronPython is also growing in
adoption, especially in companies that were already using a mix of C#
and Python - IronPython is an obvious fit. Despite this I've not seen
many jobs specifically asking for IronPython developers. My guess is
that they know that developers with *either* Python experience or .NET
experience will find IronPython easy.

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/