[IronPython] rst2xaml progress

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 13 01:12:42 CEST 2009

Hello all,

Just to let you know about the progress of my rst2xaml project:

    http://code.google.com/p/rst2xaml/

It now supports the following docutils markup features:

    * title and headings
    * paragraphs
    * bold
    * italics
    * superscript
    * literal blocks
    * inline literals
    * line blocks
    * bullet lists
    * enumerated lists
    * the pygments code-block directive

Almost enough to be useful. :-)

I've attached a screenshot of a simple rest document rendered to xaml
and displayed with WPF.

Unfortunately the subset of text formatting supported by Silverlight is
frankly pathetic, so it means lots more hoops to jump through. The
pygments xaml formatter already works, and can output xaml that can be
used in a Silverlight / Moonlight TextBlock. For the other docutils
features I will have to be a bit more imaginative and stack separately
formatted TextBlocks inside other components, which is a bit more tricky...

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/