[IronPython] Can't dir ArgIterator

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 27 17:35:33 CEST 2009

Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
> That's pretty much what we would have to do as well -- special-case
> based on the type name.  It seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Based on type name or by catching the error? Catching the error and not
propagating it to the user seems to be more robust - if it happens for
this class then presumably it can happen elsewhere and calling dir
really shouldn't raise an exception. Returning an empty list would be
much more friendly.

Anyway, I'll leave my workaround in place and vote for the issue.

Michael