[IronPython] Compiling with Pyc for Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 20 12:34:22 CEST 2009

Hello guys,

I'd like to modify Pyc to work with Silverlight. I tried it with simple
modules and it works straightforwardly - but I have a report that it
doesn't work with packages.

I'll try it - but if anyone has any idea of how to modify the bytecode
generation to target the CoreCLR it would be appreciated. As far as I
can tell from looking at the source it isn't adding any direct
references to the desktop assemblies. Any clues as to what changes I
should make? (Other than running from Silverlight and serializing the
generated assemblies from memory to base64 which I would prefer to
avoid...).

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/