[IronPython] how to get mdbg to work with IP - or is it even possible?

David.Lawler at franke.com David.Lawler at franke.com
Thu Sep 13 14:20:48 CEST 2007

Hi - Thanks Dave,

But while that shows how to embed Ironpython in Mdbg, I am looking to use
Mdbg to debug IronPython
programs/scripts.  When I do this now with Clrdbg I can load the source
and step through it, set break points etc.
With Mdbg, if I use a self compiled version of Ironpython with the pdb
files in place I can see the IronPython source
and put breakpoints in it.  However, I cannot do anything at the
Ironpython program/script level.  If I use a release version
of Ironpython (or the binary) then I can't get anything useful to happen.

David