[IronPython] how to get mdbg to work with IP - or is it even possible?

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 13 01:48:26 CEST 2007

This link (http://blogs.msdn.com/jmstall/archive/2005/08/31/Mdbg_Python_ext.aspx) is a bit out of date, but hopefully points you in the right direction.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of David.Lawler at franke.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:21 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: [IronPython] how to get mdbg to work with IP - or is it even possible?

I can debug IP 2 programs fairly nicely with clrdbg even setting break
points and examining variables but I have tried to get mdbg (and cordbg)
to work with no success.  I am interested in mdbg because I would like to
learn more about how debugging support works with the clr and with IP in
particular and the source is available for mdbg.  Has anyone had success
with mdbg and Ironpython or does this just not work.  If it can work can
you give me some clues about the commands that make it work?

Thanks!

David