[IronPython] Announcing NWSGI

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:29:26 CET 2007

2007/11/14, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com>:
> I'm also aware of Seo's and others' work on a similar setup for
> IronPython 1.0 (included with FePy). The two major differences are
> that this is a 2.0-targeted version, and that NWSGI is a pure C#
> implementation (the old one uses a Python file for most of the work).

I don't understand why "written in pure C#" is an advantage (given
that you need Python engine to implement WSGI anyway), or why using
Python is an disadvantage (after all Python is a better language than
C#, isn't it? If it isn't why are you using WSGI?), but I guess it's a
matter of opinion.

Also note that writing most codes in Python neatly avoids any hosting
API issues.

I hope you best luck, but I strongly believe writing most codes in
Python is the right implementation choice.

--
Seo Sanghyeon