[IronPython] pybench results for CPython and IronPython

luismg luismgz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:55:35 CEST 2007

I also I agree with you two.
Boo is an extremelly nice and productive static language, and its
syntax is so similar to Python's that waisting time deciding what to
choose for a given task is almost non-sense.
I think the decision should be made based on platform and libraries to
be used mainly and, in any case, converting from python to Boo is
pretty straightforward.

Note that performance-wise, Boo is still completely unoptimized, as
its author recently recognized.
It has for sure the potential to become as fast as C#, but so far its
development has been concentrated in completeness and correction (as
is the case with IP).

For me, the difference between python's dynamicity and Boo is simply
that python allows for a more exploratory way of development. But if
performance is paramount, moving part or all the program to Boo is
extremelly simple.

Luis