[IronPython] Trac, Genshi, AST, etc.

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:23:42 CEST 2006

>> In my opinion, writing a pysvn replacement would be a bit insane thing
to do.

I agree.  What I need for other projects is just a simple interface into
SVN.  That's easy to get with NSvn, so the only thing I had planned to
develop is a more Pythonic wrapper into the various pieces of the NSvn
library as I discover they are needed, though technically speaking, they
wouldn't be needed at all given NSvn is already accesible to IronPython.

On 9/14/06, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/9/14, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com>:
> > Hey Seo,

> > subversion libraries like NSvn.
> >
> > I need this for other projects, and plan to take a first stab at it
> before
> > too long.  If/When I do (If would be if you beat me to the punch, which
> for
> > obvious reasons would be fine by me :) I will point you to it.
>
> I think there's some misunderstanding here.
>
> I intend to write a Trac-specific VC plugin which provides
> IRepositoryConnector API for SVN. I do not intend to write a
> full-blown pysvn replacement. So I wonder why you "need this for other
> projects", as it won't be useful outside Trac.
>
> In my opinion, writing a pysvn replacement would be a bit insane thing
> to do. pysvn is very big and comprehensive library ranging from
> low-level to high-level. On the other hand, Trac VC API needs only a
> little bit of information from version control plugins, which can be
> done without following intricate details of Subversion C library and
> APR(Apache Portable Runtime) too closely.
>
> Anyway, if you have something to test, don't hesitate to let us know.
>
> Seo Sanghyeon

/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354