[IronPython] Trac, Genshi, AST, etc.

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:08:22 CEST 2006

2006/9/14, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com>:
> Hey Seo,
>
> >> For SVN access, I am willing to write a VC plugin using .NET
> subversion libraries like NSvn.
>
> I need this for other projects, and plan to take a first stab at it before
> too long.  If/When I do (If would be if you beat me to the punch, which for
> obvious reasons would be fine by me :) I will point you to it.

I think there's some misunderstanding here.

I intend to write a Trac-specific VC plugin which provides
IRepositoryConnector API for SVN. I do not intend to write a
full-blown pysvn replacement. So I wonder why you "need this for other
projects", as it won't be useful outside Trac.

In my opinion, writing a pysvn replacement would be a bit insane thing
to do. pysvn is very big and comprehensive library ranging from
low-level to high-level. On the other hand, Trac VC API needs only a
little bit of information from version control plugins, which can be
done without following intricate details of Subversion C library and
APR(Apache Portable Runtime) too closely.

Anyway, if you have something to test, don't hesitate to let us know.

Seo Sanghyeon