[IronPython] pasting into interactive console cause double-indentation

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 14 08:50:46 CET 2006

"IronPythonConsole.exe -X:TabCompletion" supports auto-indentation so that you do not have to type the indentation for multi-line statements. This works nicely for interactive manual typing. However, if you paste text blocks (which will already have indentation in them), it will lead to double indentation as the console cannot detect if the text was typed in or pasted as a block.

The workaround is not to use -X:TabCompletion when you will be pasting in text.

We could support an option to enable or disable auto-indentation, but that would be yet another knob you have to deal with.

________
Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR?<http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038> (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)