[IronPython] Bug in time.strptime?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jul 5 18:44:01 CEST 2006

Sorry for the delay - it was a really long weekend for many of us.

Currently our strptime implementation is mostly built by translating from Python formatting codes to .NET formatting codes and then calling the .NET Formatting APIs.  There's apparently a difference here in that .NET doesn't allow random extra characters in its formatting strings, and CPython does.

I've opened a bug on CodePlex (#776, http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=776) to track this.  We'll try and get to this for 1.0 but I'm not entirely sure we'll be able to get it done in time.