[IronPython] IronPython 0.9 released

Lorenzo Bolognini lbolognini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:40:50 CEST 2005

On 8/2/05, Martin Maly <martmaly at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Known issues:
>Rebuilding IronPython on the Community Technology Preview release,
> version 2.0.50630.0 will fix the problem. We decided to maintain the
> dependency of the released binaries on .NET 2.0 Beta 2 (version
> 2.0.50215.44) because we believe the Beta 2 release is more widely adopted.

So basically what's the story for the .NET 2 runtime support? Will you
make it possible to integrate IronPy in VS .NET 2005 final release and
use the .NET 2 runtime to develop ASP .NET apps?

If I remember correctly IronPy 1.0 will only be compatible with the
1.1 runtime. Will it support something like partial classes à la C# so
that the code-behind file doesn't get polluted with the IDE generated
code? I wouldn't really care about other .NET 2 features if I could
have that so I would happily use .NET 1.1 to develop aspx.

Thanks,
Lorenzo