[IPython-dev] 4.0 release status

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Thu Jul 23 20:15:55 EDT 2015

Hi All -

  Is it possible that a 3.2x .deb could be a safer "bet" than the
cliff-hanger 4.0 release ?

Background:  We are in full dev mode with the Open Source Geospatial
Foundation Linux "distro"  OSGeo Live [1][2][3][4]
with a feature freeze "soon" and aiming for a testable, master
candidate around 16 Aug 2015.

  Of course Notebooks are important to the effort, as well as a number
of other geo-technologies..

We consider ourselves a "stable" project, not cutting edge.. so its no
problemfor us, missing  4.0 until January..
As I discussed a bit with Thomas, we have two debian packagers
pretty-much full time on the project now,
but we are looking to you for the official releases.

   thanks for any guidance
     -Brian

[1]  http://live.osgeo.org
[2]  https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive