[IPython-dev] 4.0 release status

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:42:29 EDT 2015

In the sprints at Scipy, we managed to release jupyter_client, nbconvert
and jupyter_kernel_test, as well as a beta of the cut-down IPython package,
so that other packages depending on IPython can be installed with pip using
the --pre flag as we release them. Thank-you to everyone who sprinted with
us, and especially to the group who worked with Jess on nbgrader, which had
its own release a few days later.

Since then, we (Min, mostly) have also released ipykernel and
jupyter_console.

The remaining pieces we need to release are:

- jupyter_core (needs a new release before we announce 4.0, because of
changes to config migration)
- qtconsole (nearly ready)
- notebook
- ipywidgets
- ipyparallel
- jupyter (the metapackage which will depend on all the other pieces)
- ipython 4.0 final

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Thanks,
Thomas