[IPython-dev] New Notebook extensions: Spell checking, document tools, cell tools

Juergen Hasch python at elbonia.de
Sun Jul 27 06:54:07 EDT 2014

Hi Doug,
nice work. I am glad you found a Javascript solution for the spell checker. I'll happily retire my aspell-based version.

I think it would be a good idea to move to the nbextension location, as Matthias suggested.
Also, the CSS stuff for the spellchecker extension should probably be in a separate spell-check.css file .

Matthias:
One can use "IPython.load_extensions('spell-check')" or "require(['nbextensions/spell-check'])" to load an extension.
The first options seems nicer to me, what do you say ?

  Juergen