[IPython-dev] Camera widget

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:02:47 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Jason Grout <jason-sage at creativetrax.com>wrote:

> On 2/26/14 4:25 PM, Doug Blank wrote:
> > Jason, thank you very much for sharing this!
> >
> > So, I am testing this with IPython 2.0.0-dev master, and after three
> > clicks, it no longer updates the imageurl field. The picture continues
> > to be updated in the view, both live, and when the picture is taken. But
> > it appears that the data is no longer being sent to the kernel.
> >
> > I have a feeling that this is because the frontend is not receiving a
> > proper message back from the kernel (because auto throttling kicks in).
> > This is my guess, anyway.
> >
> > Can you verify that you are also having this issue, and perhaps suggest
> > what could be the matter.
>
> I'm running pretty close to master, and don't see it with this updated
> version:
>
> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/jasongrout/9210458
>
> (I didn't double-check the version I sent out earlier just now...it's
> possible that one of the changes I made in the sagecell tweaks included
> in the above version fixed the issue you are having)

I'm seeing strange behavior in the latest pull (from today's changes in
master) with all of the custom widgets. For example, the widgets in "Part 6
Custom Widgets" in the examples are not rendering anymore.

Any one else seeing that? Perhaps I need to recreate my profiles? The
Camera widget no longer shows as well.

-Doug