[IPython-dev] Camera widget

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Wed Feb 26 18:13:35 EST 2014

On 2/26/14 4:25 PM, Doug Blank wrote:
> Jason, thank you very much for sharing this!
>
> So, I am testing this with IPython 2.0.0-dev master, and after three
> clicks, it no longer updates the imageurl field. The picture continues
> to be updated in the view, both live, and when the picture is taken. But
> it appears that the data is no longer being sent to the kernel.
>
> I have a feeling that this is because the frontend is not receiving a
> proper message back from the kernel (because auto throttling kicks in).
> This is my guess, anyway.
>
> Can you verify that you are also having this issue, and perhaps suggest
> what could be the matter.

I'm running pretty close to master, and don't see it with this updated
version:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/jasongrout/9210458

(I didn't double-check the version I sent out earlier just now...it's
possible that one of the changes I made in the sagecell tweaks included
in the above version fixed the issue you are having)

Thanks,

Jason