[IPython-dev] how to deal with really large cell output

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:21:00 EDT 2012

It is difficult for any environment to handle that about of stdout -
not just the notebook.  So my first answer is don't do that.  But I
realize that these things to happen occasionally (sometimes you don't
know how big something really is - it is pretty easy for this to
happen accidentally).  What we should do is put a limit on how much
gets sent back to the browser and then have an API/UI for getting more
if you want.