[IPython-dev] Easy Installation

Carl Smith carl.input at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 22:14:59 EDT 2012

Thanks for your replies. I used StarCluster to set up first time, but you
need to install software locally to use it and download a key. I'm really
looking make it work for stuff like Chrome OS and just anyone who wants an
option that is fully browser based. A fun, gui, web app.

Re. ssh, You have the same functionality in the notebook. It's just lacking
stdin for now, you have to put -q and -y flags everywhere, but that'll be
sorted soon enough.

Eventually, I want a web app you can use to launch a keyless, Ubuntu server
on your EC2 account, with all the Python stuff installed, and IPython as
the sole interface to the VM itself. It'll be free to use. It just calls
AWS for the user and provides a link to their server, so I can run it on
App Engine for free.

Sorry if this is a bit poorly written, I'm on my phone.

Carl