[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] FOSS sponsorship and tutorial at PyCon

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:09:19 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> By map-reduce, I mean a black box framework that takes mappers, reducers,
> and data, and knows how to spread the tasks optimaly on a network given
> its topology and the data interdependencies between the tasks. Last time
> I discussed with Olivier, I the impression that he had these kinds of
> goals in mind for the sprint. He knows these architectures really well.

That's excellent; I'm sure we'll learn a ton from him along the way.

> I won't join you. I really considered going to Pycon this year, but I
> travel way to much, and couldn't justify a trip to the US just for that.
> However, I am really looking forward to this sprint.

I understand, this will be my first PyCon ever, and I can only justify it
because it's right where I live :)

But we'll try to keep lines of communication (irc, etc) open so that
others who may not be around can also pitch in remotely.