[IPython-dev] Fw: Re: Website

Klonuo klonuo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:40:34 EDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:19:58 +0100
Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know the details of font rendering, but if we converted it to letter
> shapes, it should look the same on any supporting browser, I think. Then we
> could include a PNG as a fallback.

AFAIK subpixel rendering is only applied to fonts. Images don't have
that possibility (information) unless you hardcode that effect (or use
some format as DjVu)

> @font-face is a way to load a reference to a font that you can then use in a
> CSS font-family definition. Most browsers now support it, although IE only
> had partial support until v9 (http://caniuse.com/#feat=fontface ). Browsers
> that don't support it would just use fallback font families as is normal
> with CSS.

Sorry, but I still don't get it. What will you reference with that
directive? Do you mean to put logo as text in html?

> The top ones look fine to me, but I'll let other people comment on
> typographic matters! Hope this isn't getting too frustrating - we should
> have a decision soon.

No. I was asking as I wasn't sure if you are implying to redo.
I'm in Droid from those samples

Cheers