[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] [Windows] pyzmq 2.1.7 installation

Min RK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 03:34:43 EDT 2011

Yes, trivial might be an exaggeration, but it should just be a matter of subclassing PBSLauncher and using bsub instead of qsub, and making appropriate adjustments to job templates etc.  Looking at how the SGE classes derive from PBS should provide most of what you need. You may not even need to override any methods, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with LSF to be sure.

That should be easier for someone who actually has an LSF system to test, rather than just hoping there are no typos as I would have to do.

-MinRK

On Jun 20, 2011, at 0:12, Johann Cohen-Tanugi <johann.cohen-tanugi at lupm.univ-montp2.fr> wrote:

> hi Min,
> ok I will be happy to try out, once I understand enough of what is there already ;)
> Given the impressive amount of work in this 0.11 release, I am suspicious as to what you call 'trivial' :)
>
> best,
> Johann
>
> On 06/19/2011 10:10 PM, MinRK wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 12:31, Johann Cohen-Tanugi
>> <johann.cohentanugi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> hi there, is anyone working on LSF support for the parallel engines?
>> Not yet, though I do see it in 0.10.2.  I imagine LSF support would be
>> another trivial subclass of the PBS Launcher like SGE.
>>
>> If you want to contribute/test LSF Launchers, that would be great!
>>
>> See https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/0.10.2/IPython/kernel/scripts/ipcluster.py
>> for the old LSF support
>>
>> and https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/newapp/IPython/parallel/apps/launcher.py
>> for the file containing the Launchers in 0.11.
>>
>> -MinRK
>>
>>> best,
>>> Johann