[IPython-dev] Qt console broken in trunk?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:31:12 EST 2011

Hey guys,

as I was working on the 'asdf' bug I just posted about, I tried to use
the Qt console after updating my trunk, and got this:

(trunk)dreamweaver[ipython]> ipython-qtconsole
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/fperez/usr/bin/ipython-qtconsole", line 4, in <module>
    from IPython.frontend.qt.console.ipythonqt import main
  File "/home/fperez/ipython/ipython/IPython/frontend/qt/console/ipythonqt.py",
line 17, in <module>
    from IPython.frontend.qt.kernelmanager import QtKernelManager
  File "/home/fperez/ipython/ipython/IPython/frontend/qt/kernelmanager.py",
line 9, in <module>
    from IPython.zmq.kernelmanager import KernelManager, SubSocketChannel, \
  File "/home/fperez/ipython/ipython/IPython/zmq/kernelmanager.py",
line 36, in <module>
    from session import Session, Message
  File "/home/fperez/ipython/ipython/IPython/zmq/session.py", line 7,
in <module>
    from zmq.utils import jsonapi as json
ImportError: No module named utils

Not sure when it broke, but I suspect the merge of the recent session
branch might have something to do with it.

Brian/Min, do you guys have an idea of what happened, maybe just a
file someone forgot to add from their local working tree?