[Inpycon] Reviving Python Express

Bhanu K talk2kish at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:54:20 EDT 2023

Hello folks,

As we started to ideate on Young Learners Workshop (YLW) for PyCon India
2023, we received suggestions to revive Python Express (PE).

While PE is aimed at college students, YLW is targeted at school students.
The goal for PE being the same as earlier:
- PE maps interested colleges/institutions to register interest to run
workshops with interested mentors.
- Runs year long

Additionally, bring in more quality control in terms of content, training
for mentors, and focus on code of conduct.

We wanted to check with the larger community if there are any reservations
on reviving Python Express.

Note: we had a chat with Anand Chitipothu, Pradhvan Bisht, Sayan to
understand how Python Express operated earlier.

Regards,
Bhanu
PyCon India 2023 Organizing Committee