[Inpycon] PyCon India 2023 - Weekly Updates

Sanchit Balchandani balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:30:44 EDT 2023

Hi All

Sharing some updates on PyCon India 2023 for the last two weeks. The
detailed MoMs/Updates of weekly check-in calls can be found here [0].

- As mentioned earlier, we are pursuing 6 keynotes format for the event. We
have received 3 acceptances so far and are still working on securing 3 more.
- The venue confirmation from JNTUH is still pending. If it doesn't
work out this
week, we have alternative options like HICC or Marriott.
- The new website design is finalized, and development is progressing well.
Check the latest progress here [1].
- We have received 23 proposals for the Call for Proposals (CFP)[2] and
have started the review process.
- The Sponsorship Prospectus design is finalized, with two versions
prepared based on the venue selection.
- We have chosen Konfhub as the ticketing partner and will be launching
ticket sales soon. Pricing will be determined once the venue is confirmed.
- The PyCon India email server is now on Zoho, enabling inboxes for all
email addresses (cfp, contact, sponsorship, etc.). We are also requesting
Zoho to offer us some premium features for free.
- We are kickstarting Python Express again this year with the help of Aband
Chitipothu, Bhanu from the team is leading the effort.

Please feel free to reach out to us here on Zulip[3] for any
questions/suggestions/concerns.

Kind Regards
Sanchit

[0] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ya4r54g3Ellm2_ALvvCZZReVKxSBw4Di8LKX8ilLdFU/
[1] - github.com/pythonindia/inpycon2023
[2] - https://in.pycon.org/cfp/pycon-india-2023/proposals/
[3] - https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/