[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Jan 12 14:33:22 EST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12 2018, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> Firstly Thanks for bringing this up.  The point is you were not
> involved in any discussion and you were reviewing things without
> knowing anything about it.  Why act like you are reviewer when you
> were not involved ?

Your supercilious attitude is really uncalled for Vijay.

He put in his time to look through the request (which was just a blog
post and not something technical that needed in depth review). You say
that he knew nothing about it. What more is there to know about a blog
post? Is there some mission critical piece of infrastructure that's
going to explode because of an oversight?

He found it correct and, given his past contributions, is a person who's
judgment in the matter has been sound. It's a good contribution and
should be welcomed rather than be discouraged because he's not involved
in some "discussion".

> Is that open source volunteering?

Yes it is. Very much so. It's obvious that he's contributed a good
amount of work to various projects[1] and knows how open source
works. I've sent several shitty pull requests to various larger projects
and have been treated in a more dignified fashion than this even when I
didn't deserve it.

I like to give the benefit of doubt to people but really, I can't
interpret your comment in anyway that's constructive.

[...]

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=realslimshanky&type=Commits

--