[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Sanyam Khurana sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 14:05:44 EST 2018

Hey,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:18 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you approve pull request without having knowledge?

Well, I am a maintainer to a few projects, so I guess I'll have
knowledge to take decisions on those.

For the projects I do not maintain, I certainly give out reviews about
what I think is right/wrong or what could have been better. (that
helps me in learning things). Because I believe that those folks who
have merge rights are sane enough and understand the code-base better.
If I'm mistaken somewhere, there are helpful people who come forward
to reply to me. We discuss on the PRs are learn together.

That is beneficial for all of us, to the entire community as a whole.
We *all learn* from each other. And quite honestly, he just mentioned
"LGTM", which essentially means, that the *blog post* looks good to
him. It was not deployed, neither approved by any other person who has
access on it.

I don't understand the point, of mentioning that comment, and replying
just to intermittent things on the thread without reading through the
whole discussion and figuring out the context.

> I do based on basic sanity. But I won't merge it until I can see that things won't break. Most are anyways taken care off by tests.

Yes Peeyush, indeed. I believe, those with merge rights are sane
enough to take care of it.
--
Mozilla Rep
http://www.SanyamKhurana.com