[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Peeyush Aggarwal peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 14:08:32 EST 2018

On 13-Jan-2018 12:34 AM, "vijay kumar" <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:22 AM, Peeyush Aggarwal <
peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:18 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Sanyam Khurana <
>> sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> reviewing
>>>
>>> His review *by no means* is final review. It only helps the reviewer
>>> with merge rights to merge the PR. And the reviewer who actually
>>> merges the PR takes the responsibility of handling any
>>> conflicts/changes etc. This is the case in *every*  open-source
>>> project that I know of/ have contributed to.
>>>
>>> I will just state the definition of Open Source from Wikipedia [0]:
>>>
>>> "Open-source software (OSS) is computer software with its source code
>>> made available with a license in which the copyright holder provides
>>> the rights to study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and
>>> for any purpose. Open-source software may be developed in a
>>> collaborative public manner. According to scientists who studied it,
>>> open-source software is a prominent example of open collaboration."

>>> Open Source means potentially *anyone* in the world can tell you that
>>> your code is wrong. They can review it. They are FREE to comment on it
>>> about what they think is wrong or right with it. People appreciate
>>> help in FOSS, they don't discourage it.
>>>

>> Do you approve pull request without having knowledge?
>>

> Even if the chap was wrong on his part, you could have handled it better.
>
> Saying, "Thanks for the approval, We will merge it once its approved by
> the concerned reviewer or XYZ"  rather than saying "Who are you?"

Read complete context  I have *requested* him to stop reviewing it.

Requesting by revoking his rights?

We want contributions from everyone but at the same we want them to
understand things they do and ask question if required to have complete
knwoledge.
We have been requesting for volunteer to help with content .  I am not sure
why he never replied that he want to contribute?

Request everyone lets put energy to making PyCon India great event as it
10th year celerbation.