[Inpycon] PyCon India 2018 | Suggestions for Keynote speakers

Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy ramanathanhari at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:48:51 EDT 2018

> ​Having 4 keynote speakers instead of 3 will be great! ​​

We indeed plan to have 4 Keynotes.  We have Travis Oliphant confirmed and
we need to finalize three more Keynote speakers.

> I think we should decide on what we want out of a keynote speaker. For
> example, do we want a core CPython contributor to help attendees get
> motivated towards contributing to CPython, or we want someone from PyPy
> team to so that attendees can learn about PyPy etc. Just because we can
> call someone, or someone is a good speaker, we should not call them. I
> agree that we can't get everything we decide but that will be a good step.

I can definitely say that is the exact thought process the community is
working with - a fact quite evident with the suggestions so far. Based on
my past experience, the community (just not the speakers & organizing team)
will make sure that the attendees leave the conference motivated for a long
haul :)

We are reaching out to various suggestions in this list.  If you have
specific names in mind, please suggest.

Thanks,
Ramanathan.