[Inpycon] PythonExpress Partnership

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:03:44 EDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Vijay Kumar <vijaykumar at bravegnu.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, October 19, 2016 12:11 pm, vijay kumar wrote:
> > In same City Cab expense.
> > For other city travel cost based on mode of transport . Presently we have
> > set upper limit to 3K
>
> I am not sure if this was already discussed, but how about getting grants
> from the PSF? There is specifically mention of workshops in
> https://www.python.org/psf/grants/ I am inlining the specific text here.
>
> <quote>
> Q. I am running a Python educational program or workshop. How big a grant
> should I ask for?
>
> A. The maximum educational program grant size is typically USD 25 per
> student, provided the students each receive at least 6 hours of Python
> instruction as part of the educational program. We give preference to
> students who would otherwise not be able to attend such classes. If the
> class has an educational hardware component such as a Raspberry Pi that
> the students get to keep, you may request up to USD 50 per student.
>

> *Please note that subsequent funding requests for workshops in the same
> region may be funded at a lower rate to encourage sustainable, long-term
> relationships with local sponsors*.

As per PSF grant for workshop, the subsequent funding requests gets lower
rate funding and they suggest to go with local sponsors for long-term.
We conduct multiple workshops per region throughout the year and I don't
think it makes sense to look for grant from PSF for every workshop.

Getting a local sponsor has its own advantages as well.

   - Colleges value workshops sponsored by reputed organizations.
   - College students gets exposure to Python based organizations at the
   early stage.
   - It helps the Organizations also to hire interns from colleges if they
   are interested.