[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:11:29 CEST 2015

On 13 August 2015 at 23:30, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 13 August 2015 at 18:38, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > This thread is not going anywhere.
>> >
>> > Let me summarize the thread:
>> >
>> > * I'm interested to see Python Express succeed and willing to take the
>> > lead.
>> > * I'm not interested to run it as PSSI project, given my bitter
>> > experiences
>> > so far. I would like to run it as just a community project.
>> > * If someone else want to take the lead to run Python Express as PSSI
>> > project (whatever that means), I'll be very happy to hand over and
>> > probably
>> > continue doing workshops in my city.
>>
>> You asked for people's opinion, and except for a couple of opposition,
>> the majority are in favour of what you intend to do. If you are still
>> waiting on * everyone * to agree with you, I don't think any community
>> run initiative can get that. :)
>

> Please take a look why it was parked .While whole community was waiting for
> answer from him, he write email saying this thread is going no where.  How
> should community take it as ?

Actually, if you look at the thread, from the point where you raised
your opposition, it has been a debate between you & Anand C mainly
with Krace raising his opposition in a mail or two. In between that,
Noufal has been urging to get "something" done; Sreekanth has pointed
out one or two instances; and there was one mail by Sankarshan as well
and one by Anand Pillai about parking this thread.

So the way I see it, the "community" is not waiting for anything. I
believe they are waiting for more workshops so that they can learn
Python. In my humble opinion, from the look of the threads, I think
you Vijay, Anand C and Krace need to relax, sit together, and sort
this out. Otherwise I have a feeling that simply pulling the
"community" tag into this discussion is not going to get anywhere.

--
Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com