[Inpycon] Keynote speakers for PyCon India 2013

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Apr 25 07:09:36 CEST 2013

Okay. We need to get this wrapped up.

We are planning to have 2 speakers. The first one is Kiran. The second
is undecided although there are some potential candidates. I'll let this
thread grow for suggestions. This is the list so far. I've also included
a brief bio/list of projects they're famous for.

   - Armin Ronacher - Flask, pocco projects.
   - Kenneth Reitz - Requests and other "for humans" alternatives to stdlib.
   - Alex Gaynor - PyPy and optimisation in general.
   - Steve Holden - PSF
   - Van Lindberg - PSF
   - Hilary Mason - bit.ly (we invited her last year but she had other engagements).

In addition to this, we have one other invited speaker.

   - Joe Gibbs (of the lambda-py project).

I don't want to this democratically (via voting) but it would be nice to
have some discussion. We'll zero in on someone by the middle of next
week and I'll invite them formally. Time is running short and we need to
make a decision.

I'm personally for inviting Hilary Mason. She's technically strong,
active in the startup community and was a keynote speaker at PyCon in
Atlanta. In addition to this, we tried to invite her last year and she
was interested but couldn't because of a schedule conflict.

Steve Holden and Van Lindberg can speak from a PSF/community perspective.

The others are technically strong and from what I know, good speakers.

--
Cordially,
Noufal