[Inpycon] Zed won't be able to make it.

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:43:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 2011/5/5 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:

> >> I just got a reply from Steve Holden saying that he won't be able to
> >> come down because of a clash with Djangocon that HoldenWeb conducts.
> >> Any other suggestions?
> >
> > How about David Beazley?
>
> [...]
>
> He's a good speaker and hardcore hacker so a good option.
>
> One other option that comes to mind is Raymond Hettinger (who I haven't
> really spoken to but don't mind mailing anyway).

+1. Never met this guy, but considering the quality of his code and his
original contributions to Python std library, he is always on the top of my
mind...

For the uninitiated, Raymond brought us generator expressions,
most of the "collections" module (named tuple, ordered dict etc)
and if I am not mistaken a good part of the itertools module.

--Anand

> --
> Too much of anything, even love, isn't necessarily a good thing.
>                -- Kirk, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6

--Anand