[Inpycon] Tutorials

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:43:46 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19 2011, Roshan Mathews wrote:

[...]

> If the college is going to be asked about this then should be phrased as
> "we'll have a three day conference, with paid tutorials on the first day,
> and paid presentations on the next two. Is that okay?" No point phrasing it
> in a way that makes it look like we expect them to say no.

Agreed.

> But this is only relevant if it has been decided that the tutorials
> are to be paid for. Is the only objection to paid tutorials the fact
> that the hosting college might have a problem with this?

Not really. We've agreed that we should have a day of tutorials. We're
discussin the structure (paid or unpaid mainly) and the implications
thereof.

If we go with paid, one of the hurdles is permission from the
college. This can be resolved (only) by asking the college if it's
okay so let's do that (as Navin has agreed to).

If we go with unpaid (as Dhananjay is suggesting), we need volunteers to
take the classes and there might be other issues that haven't occurred
to me yet.

[...]