[Inpycon] CFPs

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Jun 5 08:48:42 CEST 2010

On Saturday 05 June 2010 11:57:40 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > any special reason for this? IMO for a community event public exposure is
> > good. However if this decision holds, there is no need to discuss the
> > process at all - proposals get mailed to the head of the committee. He
> > circulates it among the members, decides on the selected talks and it
> > gets put up on the site.
>
> That's what I thought and it's what seems most natural to me. Quite
> frankly, your line of thought didn't even occur to me.
> I'm not sure how much benefit there will be in soliciting comments
> from the general audience and trying to make it more 'democratic'.

not really a question of being democratic. It is rather that the conference is
in its initial stages - not like a well established conference like pycon
where there are thousands of aspiring speakers. Here speakers would like to
see who else has proposed talks and on what - the 'junta' would also like to
see what kind of interest is being generated and what kind of level of speaker
participation is going to be at. A lot of people who have something to say are
diffident about it - but when they see X is proposing some sort of talk and then
they say: If that guy can talk - so can I. Permitting the 'junta' to comment
or rate on site may not be necessary, they can as well comment and rate on the
mailing list. Of course the final decision should be by the committee, taking
into account discussions. Further the organisers can also say things like -
xyz subject is not covered, some one please come forward.
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves