[Inpycon] CFPs

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 08:27:40 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 05 June 2010 11:35:34 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> > 1. are proposals public or not
>>
>> Nope. They get mailed/uploaded, a committee reviews them and it's
>> over. The junta doesn't have a say in picking/commenting on proposals.
>>

> any special reason for this? IMO for a community event public exposure is
> good. However if this decision holds, there is no need to discuss the process
> at all - proposals get mailed to the head of the committee. He circulates it
> among the members, decides on the selected talks and it gets put up on the
> site.

That's what I thought and it's what seems most natural to me. Quite
frankly, your line of thought didn't even occur to me.
I'm not sure how much benefit there will be in soliciting comments
from the general audience and trying to make it more 'democratic'.

However, if there's sufficient interest in doing it this way, we can
go ahead. I'm not religious about it either way. I feel that your
approach requires more work and coordination.

--
~noufal