[Inpycon] Opening registrations

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 18:38:37 CEST 2010

renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

[...]

> what wrong? ( i am not telling that what they are doing is right )
> what i am feeling is that he /she will attend the conference na ...

It's an overhead. I don't think it's worth it. If they're serious about
the conf., they can pay and enter. I don't think we need to accommodate
such people.

> there can be so many possibilities , what if some of the students who
> come to conference and start calling up their friends and they
> suddenly come in 100's then ??

Two things
1. While possible, I don't think this scenario is probable so it's not
   worth discussing.
2. We'd get shafted. The extra people wouldn't get food, they wouldn't
   get swag, we wouldn't be able to accommodate them and we'd be totally
   messed up. I want these "some students" to hear about conf. *now* so
   that they can call their friends and we'd get numbers in advance.

> anyways there should be fair chance for every one

For the people who are interested anyway.

[...]