[Inpycon] Opening registrations

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:18:43 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

> On 07/02/2010 06:04 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
>> renuka prasad<renukaprasadb at gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>   Rethink on the Amount for  Spot Registration, Doubling the early bird
>>>>
>>>  and spot registrations looks like a business tactic
>>>

>> Hmm. I didn't intend that. I just didn't want people to say "I'm not
>> sure if I can attend so I'll keep it for the last minute since it's just
>> 50 Rs. more".
>>
>>  I think 500 is fine. If it is mistaken as like a business tactic that's
> unfortunate, but the difference has to be substantial to encourage online
> registrations.
>

>   and i suggest to do some more classification, like Students ( Academic
>>>  Institutions ) and Others ( classify further if needed)
>>>

>> This came up earlier. I was personally against it and if I remember, it
>> wasn't very popular on the list. The idea is that we'll keep the rates
>> low enough for students and make that the rate for everyone.
>>

>>  +1. Keep one rate. That /also/ takes away the hassle of screening IDs. I
> am sure there are those out there who carry their student IDs from the
> previous year to just try their luck at a discount -- not because they can't
> afford to pay the regular amount. Even if the people manning the
> registration desks are diligent and catch these, it still is wasted time and
> effort.

what wrong? ( i am not telling that what they are doing is right ) what i am
feeling is that he /she will attend the conference na ...

there can be so many possibilities , what if some of the students who come
to conference and start calling up their friends and they suddenly come in
100's then ??

anyways there should be fair chance for every one