[Inpycon] Venue finalised (was Re: Venue Finalization)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:42:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> The survey has crossed a hundred responses. The basic account on
> surveymonkey allows you to see only 100.
> I'll collate all the stuff on this thread ontot he wiki tonight and
> send out an email.[..]

Okay. There's no way to do this without pissing off some people so here goes.

I've updated the wiki page with details on the two suggestions from
this thread - http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/VenueDiscussion.
I've removed some things like "Traffic is bad" etc.

There are no real cons against either city. However, there are pros in
favour of Bangalore.

I feel that on the overall, holding the second conference in Bangalore
would be better than shifting it to Chennai. We are in our infancy
here and building our foundation strong based on last years
experiences would in my opinion be better for the conference in the
future.

I'm sure there are valid reasons for it to be in other cities but we
need to decide on a place and bikeshedding about this will never end
unless someone puts his foot down.

This is my take on the matter and I'd like your support to declare it
as final so that we can move ahead. While we'll have differences on
the issues, lets remember that this it PyCon *India* and not specific
to a single city and pitch in together to make it even better than the
last one.

Thanks.

--
~noufal